- If your tattooist has applied a dressing wait at least 1 to 2 hours before disturbing the area.
- Always ensure your hands are clean prior to touching your new tattoo
- To wash the tattoo, carefully remove the dressing and gently wash the area with Inkcare Soap-Free Wash (harsh soaps can damage the skin and affect your tattoo). Rinse with cold water to close pores. Pat dry (do not rub) with a clean towel, paper towel or tissues.
- Re-apply a thin smear of Inkcare After Tattoo Soothing Balm. A bead of Balm the size of a pea is sufficient to cover 320 cm sq (roughly the size of your forearm). The balm should only be visible as a faint glistening on the skin. NEVER use more then recommended.
SAFETY: Product contains Clove Bud Oil if irritation occurs discontinue use and if symptoms persist see your doctor. See more on tattoo rash causes
- InkCare After Tattoo Soothing Balm is formulated to soothe the area and lock in the ink. It will not block the pores (i.e. it is non-comedogenic) when used correctly. You can apply the balm up to 3 times a day after washing until your tattoo is fully healed (10 - 14 days). The skin will peel naturally and any scabs formed will dislodge naturally.
- You may wrap your tattoo with a clean wrap if you are advised to do so (1-3days only).
NEVER pick, rub or assist the skin/scabs to dislodge since it may cause the tattoo's colour to become patchy.
- DO NOT swim (sea, pool or spa) until your new tattoo is totally healed (approx 3-4 weeks). Sea salt and chlorine both act as bleach and may discolour or fade your tattoo. Pools and spas could also cause your tattoo to become infected.
- Once the skin has healed, and for the next 3 months while the dermal ink stabilises, you should moisturise daily and protect from the sun. Use InkCare Anti-Fade Moisturiser with Sunscreen which is formulated with humectants and emollients to keep the skin healthy and which will help prevent the sun fading your tattoo. Inkcare Anti-Fade Moisturiser with Sunscreen does not contain metal oxides which are often found in general purpose sunscreens. Metal oxides can act as drawing agents, drawing the ink away from the tattoo.
- For long term care, always use a moisturiser with a sunscreen to prevent your tattoo from fading. Ensure products used on the tattoo do not contain drawing agents such as zinc or titanium dioxide or ink carriers such as glycerine. We recommend InkCare AntiFade Moisturiser with Sunscreen which contains no drawing or carrying agents.